Film Poster Analysis

 E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\2334.jpg


  • low-key lighting
  • dystopian buildings
  • target audience: teens/adults
  • star power of the protagonist
  • sci-fi action (hybrid genre)
  • the colours and buildings signify a dystopian world
  • tagline "man has made his match...now its his problem"
  • antagonist - femme fatale

E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\996247.jpg

  • comedy horror (hybrid genre)
  • parody
  • stereotypes (pretty females survive till the end)
  • stock characters
  • red title connotates blood "scary" -horror genre
  • critics quote "absolutely hilarious" -comedy genre


E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\975284.jpg
  • crime/drama genre (hybrid genre)
  • dark gloomy lighting symbolises something isn't right
  • silhouette of main character (hero)
  • long shot of main characters back profile
  • critics quote, "profoundly beautiful" "a real masterpiece" "a joy"
  • male main character. stereotypical strong main character


E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\28QUAD.jpg
  • action/mystery genre (hybrid genre)
  • low shot of main character
  • worms eye view
  • title may be satire/hyperbole/have a hidden meaning?
  • translated title into English to widen and increase foreign audience views
  • critics quotes

E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\503494.jpg
  • action/horror movie (hybrid genre)
  • monochrome background contrasts with the red title which could suggest blood and death
  • powerful male holding gun - stereotypical
  • star power below the title
  • females sexualised - wearing skimpy clothing
  • dark lighting

E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\985911.jpg
  • Hollywood/Bollywood, romance/comedy genre (hybrid genre)
  • bright and colourful lighting - eye catching
  • female is giving eye contact to the camera - strong, independent
  • critics quote 
  • romance genre - "romantic" "so sexy"
  • comedy genre - "funny"

E:\My docs\My Pictures\Film Stills\503577.jpg
  • drama/sport genre (hybrid genre)
  • powerful female about to fight - subverts stereotypes of weak females
  • dark lighting - she may be in the zone to fight
  • star power
  • toned muscles - subverts stereotypes of women being seen as frail and uncapable

Comments